Sunday, February 28, 2010

Frustrations with the human species

I hope I haven't become pretentious or pompous in my way of dealing with others, but I've found that the intensity of my annoyance with people has increased drastically in the last 5 years. It's strange, but I find it increasingly impossible to deal with, to put it in polite terms, "stupid people". Stupidity and ignorance of others is harder for me to accept and deal with ... I'd rather just tell them to quit talking, or simply walk away to avoid staying and feeling like my brain cells are dying one by one simply by staying put and listening to nonsense. I can't understand how people can be such idiots.

Example 1: Via the internet, my activity on this dating/networking site has turned into a bit of a social experiment in my book ... a way of amusement. Someone had read my profile and asked what kombucha was. I responded simply by saying it was fermented tea. Their response: " So how would this kind of tea be different than say, green tea?" What kind of response is that? If you don't understand a word like say, fermentation ... look it up in the dictionary rather than waste my time in explaining what the fermented version of a substance is ... or at least google it for goodness' sake!

Example 2: Knowing the difference between a date and the beginning of what could be a friendship. I meet this guy on a music forum who loves board games but hasn't played a really amazing one I mention. It's cool, we meet at a coffee shop/cafe. He has a coffee, I have tea, we play, fun times are had. He's hungry, we go to a music cafe. He gets nachos, I get some coffee, I go home. He texts me that his buddy is the music director at a high school in St Paul, we make plans. We go, get in free, great show, it's Grease. The whole time, I think we're hanging out getting to know each other as friends. We go backstage to meet up with his friend, and he introduces me, saying it's our second date? I don't want it to be a date, when did it become a date? I paid for my own coffee ... I drove to south St Paul using an entire half tank of gas, upon re-fill there's no offer to pitch in for gas money. We get food, he's got cash, but has them split the bill in half and he gets tons of change, but since I was using my card, I'm stuck with covering the tip as well as my half of the bill! I'm ready to go home, but he decides I have to experience this other club ... lame, and the entire time I want to go home. I tell him I'll be busy the next week with 2 projects and have no free time outside work and school, yet he invites me to do something the next day ... saying if I have time after ... when I've explained that my projects were 2 weeks worth of work ... if he wonders why I never called ...? This is why I don't date!

People tell me that I need to get out there, spend time with the male species. Why should I if I have no interest? The one person I've hopelessly liked for so long has no idea, and I don't like anyone else. I have no desire to go on any pointless dates or waste my time with people who i can't stand, or make my brain feel like it's going to explode from the ingest of so much stupidity.

There are oodles and oodles of examples I could use from my dealings with people at work, but I won't get into the male chauvinistic russian pig that came into the polo department the other day

2 comments:

  1. is it bad that i think your stories are kinda funny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the one thing about having crappy experiences and strange obsessions ... you end up with some pretty interesting stories, lol.

    ReplyDelete