Saturday, January 23, 2010

whoops ... gave myself food poisoning ...

So the other day, I decided to make pork and sauerkraut ... added applesauce and potatoes ... perfect combo. Cooked it in the crock pot for 4 hours, was tasty :). Went to work the next day ... nauseated ... varnicked a couple times enough to go home. Figured it was just the 24 hr stomach flu I'd heard was going around at work ... think nothing of it, just feelin crappy. Decide to "re-heat" dinner in the crock pot ... only fell asleep and it was left to cook at least another 6 hours at least by accident. Looking at the porkchops ... they looked pretty well-done, juicy and tasted amazing the sauerkraut and applesauce mix was less runny ... perfect! ... thinking back to the previous taste ... I'm not sure the porkchops were cooked all the way ... either that, or the raw juice had mixed in with the sauerkraut liquid ... either way, it was no stomach bug ... only a faulty crock pot that doesn't heat to a high enough temperature on high simmer ... serves me right for using a crock pot someone gave me for free ... because they chose never to use it ... whoops :)

1 comment: