Sunday, November 15, 2009

A new drama ...

Okay, I have a new japanese drama to add to my list of find (aka: get my hands on) and watch: Ryokiteki na Kanojo ... Literal translation: "That Bizarre Girl"

It's a drama adaptation of my one of my favorite Korean films: Yeopgijeogin geunyeo (My Sassy Girl, 2001)

I guess Hollywood tried to adapt the story in 2008 ... it's no wonder I never heard about it ... it failed miserably when they lost the true essence of the story's characters which made the original Korean movie absolute cinematic perfection. It's not the first time Hollywood just hasn't understood the essence of a foreign film and failed attempting the re-make! They did it to a favorite German film "Mostly Martha".

Here's a couple Links:
Imdb Link for Korean Movie
Wikipedia Link for Original Korean Movie - much better description/ synopsis
DramaWiki Link for Japanese Drama

No comments:

Post a Comment