Sunday, May 31, 2009

just a lil update

Okay, haven't updated for a while, so we'll go back to wednesday :)
1. Received birthday package from family. Included:
  • microwave cake and box of candles hehe :) as well as microwave brownies ... the miracle of technology :)
  • A meowing card from little brother with hidden best buy gift card ... gotta love the working brother :)
  • mail, cream of mushroom soup, and tons of lil gummy snacks :)
1. Went to como zoo, and was seriously impressed considering it's a free zoo. Actually had giraffes and zebras, unlike the minnesota zoo that i paid for a membership to. Weather wasn't so nice, but I made friends with a tiger :)
3. Ordered chinese and actually picked it up ... had never driven through midtown so it was about time.
4. Relaxed and stayed in with a movie, enjoyed my chinese:) First birthday I had all to myself, was different, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Appreciated all the text messages and facebook wall posts, as well as the calls :)

Thursday:
1. Got up at 5 am to start/finish paper for presentation due by 2 pm :) Was successful
2. Worked, then crashed

Friday:
1. Worked in Men's Polo all day
2. Saw a guy from Kuwait that looked like Aladdin :) Get this: his last name was Al-Ali! He was so Aladdin, one of my favorite disney characters :) Almost told him, but wasn't sure if he would take offense to the disney reference or to his country ...
3. Met with Brandy for some photos on the playground at the park

Saturday:
1. Worked in Polo once again
2. found a shirt in the men's section ... love it so i bought it :)
3. Teja forced me to try on heels ... a pair of bright red mary jane's :) felt like a girl, but actually liked them ... must think about buying one nice pair of girl shoes
4. Shot Teja in the studio, so much fun, and the pictures came out beautifully :) such a nice smile
5. Went to a coffee shop in Uptown ... really amazing chai tea and beautiful inside ... and met this guy there ... really cute, nice, cool ... we'll see :)
6. Went to this comedy club/ show Comedy Sportz, and my face hurt by the end from laughing so hard

Today:
Planned to go to St Paul cathedral this morning, but waaaayyyyy overslept, whoops :)
Got to the darkroom around 2:30 to develop what film I've got so far ...

Have been wondering about catholicism lately. Luther never really intended to break up the church ... lived and died catholic. We base our denomination on his teaching, but overall and deep down to his inner core, he remained Catholic his entire life ... so what's the difference? Other than purgatory, I don't know any major disagreements I have with what I know to be Catholic views.

I've always been a lutheran, but I've found out recently that some of the stances I take on certain things I can't find what exactly our church's view is, but I know it aligns with the Catholic Church.

"And I say to thee. thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18

Didn't Peter ultimately start the Catholic church? So doesn't that mean that ultimately Catholicism is the Church that everything led to? There was break-off after Luther, but when you think about it ... it's a circle cycle. The problems Luther had with the church aren't around anymore, so why not go back to the church Jesus built upon Peter?

Was just talking with someone the other day about beliefs and views, and she called me a catholic in protestant disguise. Apparently they're just called terms and words I never knew so I didn't know we believed the same thing :) Brings me back to my lutheran/ catholic debates from jr year at muskingum :) good memories

1 comment:

  1. http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/wittenberg/luther/web/ninetyfive.html

    95 theses. no the problems are indeed still around. not all of them mind you, but enough. if even one was still around it would be enough

    ReplyDelete